The Extended Care Program at Presentation Parish School provides professional care, supervision, homework support, and recreation and enrichment activities for the children of working families who desire both Catholic school education and supplementary daycare in a Christian environment as an Extended Care Program of the school day. All policies of school, including the contents of this handbook, apply during the Extended Care Program, which is only available to students enrolled at Presentation Parish School for an additional fee.
HOURS and DAYS
The Extended Care Program is available before school from 7:00 AM to 7:45 AM and after school from 3:05 PM to 5:30 PM. The Extended Care Program operates only on regular school days and is not available on the day before Christmas break, on Good Friday, on Sports Day and on the last day of school.
The Extended Care Program is available on most minimum days from 12:15 PM to 5:30 PM for children enrolled in the program and for drop-in students. All children must bring lunches on minimum days, as no lunch program is available.
- Before School (7:00 AM-7:45 AM): $4.00 Flat Rate (per child)
- After School (3:05 PM-5:30 PM): $5.00 per hour (per child) or any part thereof (This means if your children are in Extended Care for two hours and five minutes, you will be charged for three hours.)
- After Closing Pickup: Parents are responsible for picking up their child(ren) by 5:30 PM. An additional charge of $2 per minute will automatically be added to the account for care after 5:30 PM.
EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM POLICIES
All policies of school, including the contents of this handbook, apply during the Extended Care Program.
- Any students on campus before 7:45 AM or after 3:05 PM must use the Extended Care Program. The clock located in the Extended Care Program will be used as the official time.
- Students are NOT allowed to wait unsupervised off campus before 7:45 AM or leave school unsupervised at any time to avoid signing in to the Extended Care Program.
- If a student remains at school after 3:05 PM, he or she must be enrolled in the Extended Care Program. The teacher supervising dismissal will escort students not picked up by 3:05 PM to the Extended Care Program. Parents will be charged the per student hourly rate if their child is not contracted. After 5:30 PM, parents will be charged a late fee of $2.00 per minute. After three incidences of late pick-up, parents must meet with Extended Care director and administration to develop a plan for timely pick up.
- If a student has a reason to remain at school, such as tutoring, student council, homework hour, science club, choir or strings practice or sports practice, or another supervised activity, his or her siblings may not remain at school after 3:05 PM unless they are enrolled in the Extended Care Program.
- When students will be attending the Extended Care Program after these supervised activities, parents MUST inform the Extended Care Program Director via the office before attending the activities. The program is limited to those students who attend Presentation Parish School.
- All children must be signed in and out by a parent or authorized adult each time they use the Extended Care Program. Children will be released to authorized adults only (those listed on the emergency form).
● Every student attending the Extended Care Program must have the signature of a parent, guardian, or authorized person(s) on file to sign the student out. Any changes must be in writing, signed, and dated. NO EXCEPTIONS! Emergency cards MUST be kept current.
- The Extended Care Program staff is instructed to ask for picture identification from any parent or adult they do not recognize. For the protection of all the children, these rules are strictly enforced.
- Parents must not take children from the playground or other areas without notifying the Extended Care Program staff and signing out the children.
- Students who attend the Extended Care Program after school must check in immediately after school (or 12:15 PM on minimum days). Students arriving late are required to have a written excuse from their classroom teachers.
- Students must either be signed into Extended Care Program or checked into an approved school activity. Students may not remain unsupervised on campus.
- If an emergency arises, and someone not listed on the emergency form needs to pick up a child, the Extended Care Program staff require written or verbal permission from the parents. Upon arrival, the individual will be asked to show picture identification. Permission via a text message is not permissible.
- Time is based on the Extended Care Program Program’s clock. After 5:30 PM, parents will be charged a late fee of $2.00 per minute. After three instances of late pickup after 5:30 PM, parents must meet with the Extended Care Director and School Administration to develop a plan for pickup.
- School personnel will not release a child to any adult who appears incapable of providing proper supervision or when the child demonstrates anxiety or fear in being released to the adult. In such an instance, school personnel will call others on the approved list to come to pick up the child; law enforcement may be called.
EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM CONTACT
- During office hours 7:40 AM – 3:30 PM (209) 472-2140
- After 3:30 PM (209) 320-5735