We at Presentation Parish School, consider it a privilege to work with parents in the education of children because we believe parents are the primary educators of their children. Therefore, it is your right and your duty to become the primary role models for the development of your child’s life---physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically. Your choice of Presentation Parish School involves a commitment and exhibits a concern for helping your child to recognize God as the greatest good in his/her life. A good example is the strongest teacher. Your personal relationship with God, with each other, and with the Church community will affect the way your child relates to God and others. Ideals taught in school are not well rooted in the child unless these are nurtured by the example of good Catholic/Christian morality and by an honest personal relationship with God in your family life.
As partners, we ask parents/guardians:
- To set rules, times, and limits so that your child:
- Gets to bed early on school nights;
- Arrives at school on time and is picked up on time at the end of the day;
- Is dressed according to the school dress code;
- Completes assignments on time; and
- Has lunch and a nutritional snack every day.
- To actively participate in school activities such as Parent-Teacher Conferences;
- To be an active Steward for the continued betterment of our school and parish;
- To see that the student pays for any damage to school books or property due to carelessness or neglect on the part of the student;
- To notify the school with a note when the student has been absent or tardy;
- To notify the school office of any changes of address or phone numbers;
- To meet all financial obligations to the school;
- To inform the school of any special situations regarding the student’s well-being, safety, and health;
- To complete and return to school any requested information promptly;
- To read school notes and newsletters and to show interest in the student’s total education;
- To support the religious and educational goals of the school;
- To attend Mass and teach the Catholic faith by word and example;
- To support and cooperate with the discipline policy of the school;
- To treat teachers with respect and courtesy in discussing student concerns.