SCHOOL DRESS CODE
Presentation Parish School uniform dress code is designed to be a cooperative effort among parent(s) and/or guardians(s), students, teachers, and administration. As the primary educators of their children, all parents and/or guardians need to actively monitor and supervise their children’s dress for school. The student’s dress must comply with both the written regulation and the spirit of the dress code. The following regulations will apply for the coming school year.
**Please see Parent/Student Handbook for all uniform information
** Uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniform or A Pineapple Life
GENERAL UNIFORM REGULATIONS
Modesty is the key criteria. The school sets the standard for modesty, based on the Catholic values that Presentation Parish School promotes.
Please label sweatshirts and jackets with the FAMILY NAME.
- Shoes: athletic/tennis shoe type: with non-marking soles. Shoes must be securely fastened with Velcro or laces: no slip-on shoes. Shoes may be any color, however, patterns, prints, sequence, neon, wheelies, and light up shoes are NOT permitted.
- Socks: must be white or black ONLY, a small logo is acceptable. Socks must be clearly visible above the shoe.
- Belt: must be worn at all times with pants/shorts: solid black, brown or khaki. (No ornamentation)
- Undershirts: must be solid white and tucked into waistbands; no undergarments should be visible. No turtlenecks or long sleeve undershirts are to be worn on regular uniform dress days, except with the spirit t-shirt in colder months.
- Sweatshirts: must be Presentation Parish School uniform or spirit wear sweatshirt and may be purchased from Dennis Uniform, A Pineapple Life or school. Seventh and eighth grade students may wear their graduate sweatshirts, and sixth, seventh and eighth grade students may wear their Science Camp sweatshirts. CYO sweatshirts may be worn on Fridays only. Personal zip-up or hoodie sweatshirts may not be worn as a jacket or in place of uniform sweatshirt.
- V-Neck Sweaters: grades K-6 may wear green v-neck sweater for formal uniform days; grades 7 & 8 may wear red v-neck sweaters for formal uniform days.
- Hair: must be clean and natural in color. Hairstyles must be neat and clear of the face. Boys’ hair must be no longer than chin, must be at or above the eyebrows and must not be higher than 2 inches. Boys may not wear hair accessories, i.e. headbands. Boys may not wear hair in ponytail or top-knot. No hairpieces are allowed. Hair accessories must match the school uniform plaid colors only. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. The term “extreme” will be determined by the administration. Face must be clean-shaven at all times.
- Hats: No hats are to be worn indoors.
- Jewelry, nails, and makeup: jewelry is limited to stud earrings (no more than 2 per ear) and watches; religious pendants are to be worn inside the shirt; earrings are unacceptable for boys; no nail polish or artificial nails will be allowed; no makeup is permitted.
GIRLS’ REGULATION UNIFORM
- Skirts and Jumpers: the hem of the plaid skirt or jumper must touch the calf when student is in a kneeling position; shorts must be worn under the skirt or jumper and may not show below the hemline. Skirts and jumpers can only be purchased through Dennis Uniform.
- Shorts and Pants: are not to be worn too tightly or too loosely; must be worn at the waist and belted.
- Shorts and Skorts: must touch the calf when student is in a kneeling position.
- Shirts: plain long or short sleeved polo shirt; white, black or hunter green (only seventh and eighth grade students may wear red);must be tucked into the waistband at all times; must be long enough to cover any midriff area when arms raised or when at rest; no puffed sleeves or Peter Pan collars; no layered shirts.
- Tights: these are not required, but if worn, must be white or black and be footed; no leggings can be worn.
BOYS’ REGULATION UNIFORM
- Shorts and Pants: are not to be worn too tightly or too loosely; must be belted at the waist at all times.
- Shorts: must touch the calf when student is in a kneeling position.
- Belt: a belt must be worn at all times. Solid black, brown or khaki.
- Shirts: plain long or short sleeved polo shirt; white, black or hunter green (only seventh and eighth grade students may wear red); must be tucked into the waistband at all times; must be long enough to cover any midriff area when arms raised or when at rest; no layered shirts.